Sunday, July 26, 2026

Snapshots: Cheers to 23 Years

Today A. and I are celebrating 23 years of marriage.


On this day 23 years ago, A. imitated Napolean. I guess that makes me Josephine.

A. brought me flowers when he was returning from a midweek trip. As is my habit, I split the arrangement up into two different vases so I could enjoy them in both the dining room and the living room.


Table.


Bookcase.

The roses only lasted a few days, and then I removed them.


A rose-less table.

I got him a camping stove.


So romantic.

I saw this sticker on a car at the grocery store on Thursday. It seems appropriate for an anniversary.


Essential for a lasting marriage.

Our parish potluck is today, which actually works out nicely because I don't really have to make dinner. I'm contributing German potato salad and crispy rice treats. I hope someone else brings pasta salad. I do love pasta salad. I'm sure A. will eat many hot dogs and hamburgers. Happiness for everyone.

There you have it! Our anniversary life, snapshotted.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such an amazing life y’all have built!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's certainly nothing I could have foreseen standing in that tiny upstate New York church. :-)

      Delete
  2. Have a happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! By the way, I tried a green bean and potato salad in a good herby vinaigrette, and that has worked out well. Convey my best to all in your parish! Mil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! It is our 18th anniversary today also, such a great day to get married!

    Enjoy the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Our 23rd is next month. We will be having a congregational picnic today, too. The occasion is the 22nd anniversary of my husband's ordination. I've never, ever heard of a congregation celebrating this every year--- but ours does! My oldest daughter made homemade jello with orange juice and crushed pineapple. After a picnic party yesterday for a friend, I was worn out, so when I needed to pick our daughter up from work at night, I ended up at the grocery store and bought cherries and pretty sweet peppers for my contribution to today's picnic. I will also enjoy the hamburgers and hot dogs today. Okay. I'll probably just have a hot dog. But if there are leftovers, I will be enjoying hamburgers at supper!

    You looked so happy in your wedding day picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Wishes of the blessing of many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Ours was 7/19.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete