First, we have definitely not a flower.
Ew.
A very large pumpkin spider spun a web right outside the kitchen window. Every once in awhile I turn towards that window and am startled by the GIANT SPIDER that has appeared at almost eye level. But it does catch a lot of flies, and I do not like flies, so I will tolerate the spider.
I'm taking over as mayordoma at church this month, which means I can finally align all the numbers on the hymn board.
I don't touch this when anyone else is in charge, even though it makes me twitchy to see all these numbers above or below lines, and the extra numbers on the bottom all over the place.
That's better.
I also took the opportunity to make a new arrangement of flowers for the altar. Last year I made wildflower arrangements every week for months. This year, it's all fake, all the time.
The pink and blue artificial flowers always look way too fake to me, so I mostly stick to yellow and white.
At home, I have the greenery and baby's breath from the flowers A. bought me for our anniversary, plus some ornamental sage and a plant that the MiL sent us that is blooming nicely.
Table.
Bookcase. Remind me what those plants were, MiL? (It's the darker purple.)
And last, I was looking to get a crucifix for my bedroom and decided to get one with a holy water font for our entryway, as well. I found the coolest one from an Etsy seller in France. It's a souvenir crucifix from Lourdes, from the 1940s.
They don't make souvenirs like this anymore.
There you have it! My life, snapshotted.







Very Interesting! Also, the crucifix is fabulous. I have been looking for ones I'd like over our bedroom doors and finally bought 2 at a garage sale ($1) as placeholders until I can find some I really like. Hadn't thought about Etsy.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
I love Etsy. It requires a lot of searching, but I like being able to find unique things there.
DeleteIt's some variety of agastache (I think a common name is anise hyssop). I will work on the particular variety, but I might need a close-uo. Mil
ReplyDeleteGeneral is fine. Thanks!
DeleteThe crucifix is just beautiful.
ReplyDelete