Sunday, August 16, 2026

Snapshots: I'm Late!

Apologies to anyone who was wondering why I didn't post this early this morning, but here we go!

I found exactly two sunflowers this week.


One for the table.


One for the bookcase.

This has been such a sad year for wildflowers. Next year has to be better.

A. dug some leeks for me yesterday, and we discovered that with the greens attached, they're almost exactly as tall as Poppy.


She is 4 feet, 5 inches, with means these leeks are at least 4 feet tall. Fun.

Fall in New Mexico means green chile roasting season. Stores that sell big boxes of the chiles have roasters outside so you can get them roasted before bringing them home. I saw the roasters set up for the first time last week when I was in town.


It was too early for them to be operation, apparently, but there they are. The chiles go in that big drum, which rotates as a propane flame roasts them from the side. Then they're put in a plastic bag to steam, which makes it easier to pull off the charred skin of the chiles.

I didn't buy any chiles this time, but I probably will when I go to town next. I'm out of green chile puree for the freezer, and it is a tasty addition to many things.

And . . . I guess that's it. I'm late and brief today, apparently.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea leeks were so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sunflowers! There's a lady on the street next to ours & she has a cluster of sunflowers...every time we drive by, I say to my husband those sunflowers are so beautiful!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete