Sunday, August 30, 2026

Snapshots: Some Misadventures

First, take a look at the fruit on this can of raspberry-lime Polar seltzer A. brought home.


Those raspberries look awfully grape-like to me.

I went into school to sub for just the afternoon. I was taking over for what used to be S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), and is now M.A.S.H. (music, art, Spanish, and health). 

I was reminded during the quiet prep period between classes how much I hate ticking clocks.


Ticktickticktick...haaaate.


I did like this sign outside the preschool room, though.

A. drove my Honda to town on Friday and had an unfortunate run-in--literally--with a wild turkey.


You should've seen the turkey. (It's dead.)

Odin had an unfortunate run-in of his own, with a dog that lives up by the post office. This very large dog is not usually out, but she was one day last week, and she beat up Odin pretty good. He had a wound on his shoulder that I was watching, hoping it would heal on its own. But of course, dogs are always licking at things, and that was making it worse, not better.

We don't have one of those cone collars that vets use to keep dogs from licking at wounds, so we had to improvise. After putting on the wound dressing liquid and a gauze pad, we wrapped it all up around his belly with vet wrap. And then topped it all off by putting a t-shirt on him.


A picture of a dejected dog.

Odin is not enjoying his experience with dog clothing. I do not think I will be buying him any cute little sweaters for the winter.

And last, this week's flowers.




There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment