Sunday, September 27, 2026

Snapshots: Rain!

Friday's homecoming football game was slightly delayed because of lightning. Coincidentally, the game the week before was delayed for the same reason. Very cool sky once the storm started to clear, though.


There was a rainbow between the trees, which looks in this sunset photo to be a tongue of fire rising from the ground. Dramatic.

The middle part of this week featured rain, and a lot of it. We have not had significant rain in months. We got 2.5 inches over a couple of days.


The proof is in the rain gauge.

Thankfully, our soil is very absorbent and was also very dry. Since the rain came steadily, rather than in torrents, it soaked in without any flooding or anything.

When I went to pick up the football player on Wednesday evening from the post office, where he's dropped off after practice, Poppy came with me. It was pouring rain. Her best friend was there with her mom, waiting for her brother too. The girls were thrilled to be able to play in the rain.


Our rainstorms are typically thunderstorms, and the accompanying lightning means the kids don't get to play in the rain very often.

Poppy asked for a big blue bow hair tie to be put in her braid for the day they were supposed to have on school colors. I ended up looping her braid up with the bow, which was kind of neat. I always have to take a picture of the back of her head whenever I do anything different with her hair, so she can see how it looks.


This of course did not stay put through recess, but that's okay.

And last, I randomly came across this terrible poem online. I appreciate the sentiment, but the rhyming and meter are really unfortunate.


 "Thou who didst love to give men food, in room or by the sea." In room? Is this referring to the Last Supper, perhaps? Who knows.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're not near the flooding in New Mexico. There was a segment on our local news here in PA about it. Poppy's hair looks so cute.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete