Sunday, September 13, 2026

Snapshots: Very Away Football

If you've ever wondered what it might look like if you forget about eggs you're hardboiling for over an hour . . . 


Do not recommend.

Those went to the dogs, who did not complain.

I subbed at school for one of our special ed. teachers on Thursday. I thought these were funny.


I think the administration gave one of these to every staff member during last year's difficult move into the new school building.


This is in the math classroom. Our math teacher is a man, which makes this make more sense.

Yesterday was the first football game of the season. It was an away game. VERY away. Exactly 223 miles, one way. I went mostly so our junior high player could come home after his game, instead of waiting to take the bus after the varsity game and getting home at 2 a.m.

The first 100 miles of my drive looked like this.


The last 60 miles looked like this.


The intervening miles didn't feature much more of interest. New Mexico is a startingly empty state.

I did stop once in a random village to look at their church.


Unfortunately, it was locked, so I couldn't go in.


Cool stonework on the outside, though.

The athletic facility at the school I was going to was surprisingly nice for such a small school.



I particularly liked the roses that were planted all under the stands.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment