This first photo is one I forgot to post during county fair weekend:
These two are too old to nap anymore. Except during the county fair, which is enough to wipe anyone out.
A. and I both read a lot, although we don't read the same sorts of things. Occasionally my current book and his will get in close enough proximity to each other for me to be amused at how different our tastes are.
Bet you can guess whose is whose. Mine isn't one I would typically choose, but it was given to me by a friend, and it's good enough so far that I'm still reading it.
In addition to having no cucumbers this year, I also have no summer squash of any kind. The calabacitas that I use in place of zucchini never germinated in the spring, and the very late planting we did manage to get growing is way behind. Luckily, the lady the older boys work for who has been sending cucumbers home with them has added squash to her offerings.
I know the joke is that you can't avoid being gifted squash in the summer by overzealous gardeners, but I was so happy to see this.
A relatively small knife, and a very large squash.
I don't know what kind of squash that is, but it had very small seeds even though it was large, and it was delicious, so it's a good one whatever it is.
This sunflower I found this week looks so much like an actual sun to me.
Something about the pointiness of the petals makes them look like rays.
Poppy found a several more sunflowers on her way home from the post office and thoughtfully brought them home to me, so we have a nice arrangement on the bookcase right now.
Four whole sunflowers! Impressive for this pathetic year of wildflowers.
There you have it! My life, snapshotted.





2 comments:
I don't think A would like Hemlock and Silver much, so I'm glad that's your book. ( I felt it dragged in the middle, but overall very readable. ) Maybe he'd like Being Mortal or Lego Shakespeare instead?
I miss naps- but at least my kids go to be early ( for teens, that is). By nine pm, everyone's in their rooms.
Maybe the squash lady has some seed to share.
Post a Comment