Monday, March 5, 2012

A Matched Set

The appropriate parties having been notified, I can now let you in on the Top Secret sex of Precious Cargo.  You ready for this?

I'm not sure I am.  It's a boy.

Yes, another boy for the family Blackrock.  Another tiny man who in ten years or so will probably be fighting with his big brother on an hourly basis and eating us out of the house.  I told A. he'd better make sure these boys know how to hunt at an early age.  Then all we have to do is teach them how to dress a deer or rabbit themselves and how to cook, and TA DA!  They can feed themselves.  Wouldn't that be nice.

Incidentally, despite the many of you who predicted or hoped for a girl this time, no one who knows us in real life is in the least surprised that we're having another boy.  Boys run in A.'s family.  His father had only brothers, A. has only (biological) brothers, and now A. is continuing the family tradition.

So now I can pull all of Cubby's old clothes out of storage for the next round of infant testosterone.  And think of another boy's name.  Damn.  Another boy's name.  Boy's names are hard, man.

18 comments:

sheila said...

Congratulations! Cubby will have a partner in crime.

mil said...

So name him Harden, which (I just looked this up)means "Valley of the Hares" -- which he could cook and eat ---

jive turkey said...

Congratulations!! Another wee man cub! You are welcome to my precious, super-secret stash of baby boy names that I LOOOOOVE and won't be using (for me, boy names are SO MUCH EASIER to choose than girl names).

looloolooweez said...

Congratulations! I bet Cubby will be excited to have a lil bro.

jean said...

Congratulations! I love boys, which is good seeing that I have a son. James is a great name or Patrick. Just saying.

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

Aw, congratulations on another little man joining the family. :)

(We only make boys, too. lol)

Anonymous said...

Well, you could call him Rabbit for a nickname. Cubby and Rabbit. Mary in MN

Phoo-D said...

Wow, another boy! That is exciting with a bit of trepidation I'm sure. Think of all the manly projects that will get done at Blackrock. You could double your potato hills with two boys to dig! =) Hope you are having a great time in Arizona.

paparatti said...

I'm having a boy too! Agree completely about how hard boy's names are, we finally hit upon a good one after the scan last week. Outside parties are trying to interfere but NAY I say, once you find a good boy's name, you stick to it.

Glenda in Co said...

You might want to get a cow for when they are teenagers, too, if I remember correctly how much milk my brother consumed. Congratulations!

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Congratulations! Those two are going to be best of friends growing up and how fun for you to have THREE capable men in the house.

Call him Luther!

Or Charlie.

Or Burton.

Or James. That's a killer name.

Sara said...

Congratulations! Boys are fun. Think of all the things you don't have to talk about now because A. will have to inform them instead!

Toni said...

Congratulations! It is really fun watching our boys together. Though I hate to break it to you, it wont be ten years until they eat you out of house and home. Two or three if you're lucky.

Joan @ Debt of Gratitude said...

Congrats!

And at least we will get to see Cubby's adorable farm clothes for an encore.

Anonymous said...

Considering your Dutch last name, try Hunter on for size for the new boy. Mary in MN

Daisy said...

Mancub II!!

FinnyKnits said...

Bubba and vote for "Superman".

Either way - that kid will team up with his brother to hill potatoes.

So you don't have to.

As a thank you for raising them up without making them sleep in the barn like the wild animals they are sure to be.

I mean, I don't know. Maybe they'll be gentle as lambs.

SUPERMAN!

Farmgirl Susan said...

Congratulations! I think. ;)

P.S. In about 14 years, when you have them well trained, send them over to our farm. We could use the help.