Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whatever Will It Be?

Don't you just love it when I randomly select a photo from my unlabeled folders? Isn't it just the most exciting thing ever to see what we may dredge up from the photographic vaults of time? Or have you caught onto the fact that I do this when I have nothing particularly interesting to say*?

Whatever. I did it again. WHEEE!!

So! This photo is from June 23 of last year.

Hello, old garden.

It seems I was taking pictures of the tomatoes. Surprise, surprise! Now, if I wasn't a lazy bum, I would take a photo of my tomatoes right now, so we could compare and I could show you that my tomatoes are already way bigger than the ones in this photo. But alas, I AM a lazy bum, and not having to do any work is kind of the point of these lame mystery photo posts. So you'll just have to take my word for it that my tomatoes are apparently ahead of schedule this year. YAY!

* This is not entirely true, as it appears that A. might have cracked a bone in his foot yesterday, leaving him hobbling around with a cane and me hauling (REALLY HEAVY) buckets of water up to the sheep. But I prefer to focus on my prematurely large tomatoes. Because that's much less depressing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far are you hauling said heavy buckets? Use truck and buckets or Mil garden hose. He might carry it but you don't have to. I am certainly surprised he hasn't rigged up some kind of water propelling device to get the sheep their water already. He is so handy and loves doing that kind of thing. If you strain your back , then who is going to water the sheep? :) Take it easy when you can.
Beth

Mia said...

Uh oh. Farmin' is hard work without man muscles.

Daisy said...

I admire your tomato teepees. I'm struggling with tomato supports this year; I think I've got it, but maybe not. Simple wire cages just do not do the trick.

Anonymous said...

When my grandad made teepees for his tomato plants , there was a pole put in by each plant and the plant was tied to that pole then teepeed then between them. It would take fewer poles. AND hey hey......I see the garden hose on the fence back there. :) Beth

word verification flityll

a butterfly party