Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rain!

Yes! After days of hot, dry, sunny weather that was taking a toll on all the growing things, we got some real, measurable rainfall yesterday.

Of course, we did not get this rainfall until after A. had started the lake pump to fill the drastically depleted cistern and I had spent an hour watering everything in the garden with the pump water and A. had hauled water in buckets from the lake for the poor little trees we planted near the road recently. After all that hauling and watering and sweating and work . . . then it rained.

That Mama N. She's got a real sense of comedic timing.

But no complaints. We needed the rain, the rain arrived, and everything is perking up nicely. As soon as the sun comes back and it warms up a little, the garden will take off.

Including the weeds. But we won't think about that now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally got some rain.

Daisy said...

I'm thankful for the rain, too, even though it means I finally have to weed. I don't mind weeding. It's productive.

Sherry said...

So you took the rain that we were supposed to get. I was looking forward to a nice soaking rain here in Rochester. The serious rain went south and east of us.

Anonymous said...

I would be glad to send you rain and gray skies from MN. We went from 103 down to 50 in two days, and now we are stuck there. Mary