Saturday, September 3, 2011

This Little Piggie Ate All the Eggs

I made eggs for dinner last night. I cooked three for A., two for me, and two for Cubby. * I almost made just one for Cubby, but then I thought that I really didn't want him to end up eating most of my dinner, which he does with some regularity, so I'd better make him the extra egg.

He ate both of his eggs. Then he ate one of my eggs. And then he ate some yogurt. So apparently, I should be making two eggs for me, and three eggs for both A. and Cubby.

The rest of those hens had better start laying soon. I've got a growing boy, here. Who seems able to eat as much as his full-grown, quite large father.

I'm in so much trouble when this kid is a teenager.

* The MiL was out--I didn't just refuse to make her dinner or anything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a healthy lad. Give him a year or two and your grocery bill will equal the national debt.

Sherry said...

Yep, boys are big eaters and it only gets worse as they grow! Sometimes you can almost see them growing.

sheila said...

Don't be surprised when he hits 2 the massive eating will suddenly cease. At least that's been my experience raising kids. You wonder if they are living on air. They grow taller, but gain little weight. Eating seems to be an occasional binge on a selected food then back to picking at the plate for a few days. Be prepared for the teenage growth spurt though. When you make a large casserole for the family and Cubby sits down and eats the whole thing himself thinking it was his personal dish. Then he asks, "What's for dessert because I'm still starved?" This actually happened in my family. You have been warned.

Daisy said...

He must really need the protein! When he's a teen, you might teach him to cook. He'll still eat a lot, but it'll be less work for you.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

You'll probably need a dozen per day for him as he grows up!!!