Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stupified

That's the only word I can use to describe A. and I last night after we completed our cross-country odyssey. We just sat in the living room staring mutely at each other. And this, mind you, is after a trip with no complications whatsoever. There is just no way to get from my parents' house to Blackrock without physical exhaustion.

But make it we did! Cubby was his usual stellar self on the planes, although he had some hysterics when I put him to bed at home. I think he was just really confused. Poor kid has been through a lot of upheaval in the last two weeks. After a brief comforting session to calm him down, though, he settled down to sleep and is still sleeping now, eleven hours later.

A. and I might also still be sleeping, if it wasn't for the goddamn cat yowling in the upstairs hall at 6:30 this morning, presumably for food. Had I had a gun handy, Pitty Pet might have gone to his eternal reward today. Luckily for him, the MiL got up instead and fed him. She's a much nicer person than I am.

That's okay, though, because A. had to get up anyway for court. Life resumes. The family Blackrock is all home at last.

7 comments:

sheila said...

Glad your home safe and sound. Take care and get some extra rest and eat well. I always come down with a nasty cold after flying. I think it's the combination of being exposed to all those people on the plane and being exhausted from the travel.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back safe and sound if somewhat discombobulated.

Phoo-D said...

Welcome back! Flying anywhere is exhausting these days. You'll be back to Blackrock normal in no time!

Anonymous said...

You missed out on daylight saving time while you were gone. Beth

Anonymous said...

I am very surprised that Pitty Pet is still alive! It's he about 50 by now? Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Don't know where that extra "it's" came from--but you get the point. M in MN

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Our best guess is Pitty is about 18. He was adopted as an adult, so his exact age is hard to tell. He's old, though. And crotchety.