Saturday, December 22, 2012

I Will Forego the Obvious Title

Which would be, of course, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas."



A woodchuck Christmas, that is, featuring dead animal head coverings.

There was already an inch or so of snow on the ground when we got up this morning, and so of course Cubby wanted to go outside.  He requested his coonskin cap specifically.  He has so far refused it every time I've suggested it, so I guess he just thought it was only for "real winter."

Or something.  I don't pretend to know how his convoluted toddler mind works.

We're starting the celebrations today, with gift exchanges and dinner with A.'s family before we leave tomorrow for my sister's house in Virginia for five days.  I have not packed a damn thing.  It's going to be a really fun evening, I can already tell.

But as soon as Cubby awakes from his nap, he gets to open his gift from us.  Which is a real toolbox with real tools.  Including a small saw.  I anticipate some excitement.  Also a lot of reminders that these tools are outside tools.

It'll be fun anyway, though.  And then tomorrow . . . road trip.  With two small children.  In the snow.  Cross your fingers for us.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip.

I look forward to stories about the furniture that acquires shorter legs, courtesy of Cubby's saw. And the furniture that is infinitely more stable because it has new nails and screws.

What fun, what fun!

Phoo-D said...

He will be over the moon about real tools! Have a wonderful trip and I'll be crossing my fingers that you don't go clinically insane on the drive there!

Anonymous said...

Are we taking the woodgrainchuck conveyance?
Pack food.
Fingers crossed.
Yay, snow for Christmas.
Beth

Anonymous said...

You're not actually giving that toddler a real saw?

Sherry said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I so enjoy the life and times tales from your part of the world!