Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mobile

Hey, guess who's crawling!


Your electrical cords are no longer safe.

Yup, the little grub is no longer so grub-like. He can now maneuver himself quite spryly in pursuit of the dogs' water dish in the kitchen, intriguing chunks of dirt outside, and the aforementioned electrical cords near the television.

Although he's been commando-crawling for awhile now, yesterday was the first day he did some honest-to-God, no-doubt-about-it, hands and knees crawling. He spent today practicing and picking up speed.

Also today he held onto my hand and walked (okay, so it was more lurching than walking, but whatever) all the way across the kitchen with the very purposeful intent of playing in that irresistible dog water. I foiled that plan, of course.

So I guess Charlie is going to try both walking and crawling at the same time and come to a decision at some later point as to which method of locomotion is suitable for him.

And me? Well, if you need me, I'll be spending all my time hauling him away from choking hazards and providing a helping hand for walking practice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phhh ...mom...don't tell everyone...no biggie ....says Charlie.
Beth

Phoo-D said...

Oh boy! Batten down the hatches. Now the real fun begins.

Anonymous said...

I still say that smile is just so gorgeous! What a handsome little guy.

Joan @ Debt of Gratitude said...

Oh my, you make the most adorable boys!