Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chips and (Unorthodox) Dip

Gather 'round, children, for I have a great pearl of wisdom to share with all of you today.  And that pearl is this: Chips make everything better.

Consider:

Chili? Scoop it up with tortilla chips.

Likewise any kind of taco or burrito filling. Ditch the actual tortilla; go with the chips.

Chicken or tuna salad? Way better scooped up with potato chips than on any bread.

Tuna casserole? Don't bother with those ridiculous little crumbs of potato chips sprinkled over the top. Go big or go home: Scoop it right up with the whole chips.

What's a sandwich without chips? Not much of a sandwich, in my opinion.

I've even seen cookie recipes that incorporate crushed potato chips. The only reason I haven't made them is because I know damn well I'd eat them all in one go.

It's the chips, y'all. Can't beat 'em.

You're welcome for that priceless pearl. Now go eat some chips.

8 comments:

Joellen said...

We always eat our chili with the Tostitos Scoops. Pimento cheese is also delicious with Fritos. In my opinion a sandwich is not a sandwich without Kettle chips.

Ashlee said...

Oh man... My favorite thing (I'm probably crazy) is to put my potato chips IN my sammich... Like, ham and cheese? Try putting some chips in there. I promise, it's not totally nuts.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that my favorite part about tuna noodle casserole night was it was the one dinner served with ruffles. Mmm.
I'm totally with you. Anything scoop-able? Bring on the chips. And now I can't stop thinking about the leftover Mexican in the fridge. But I JUST ate....

Moi

Kristin @ Going Country said...

T.G.: Not nuts at all; I know several people who swear by chips as sandwich filling. I'm not into it personally, which is why I didn't mention it. Although, when I was about seven, my favorite sandwich ever was white bread, mayonnaise, iceberg lettuce, and potato chips. Yeah. I was all about health food, obviously.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Yes, Ma'am. Chips.

We don't really have them around here but every once in a while I will buy a bag of cheetos or doritos and just plow through it in the space of a couple of days.

It's the junk food version of going on a bender.

Plus - Lime and chile Tostitos are perhaps the greatest invention known to man. Bowl of sour cream, slices of avocado and those chips and I would be in a chip COMA.

Anonymous said...

That way you aren't stuck making everyone else's sandwich. Makes everyone else more responsible for their own eating.
That punctuation cannot be right...feel free to correct.
Beth

jive turkey said...

I've discovered that Sadie is ten times more likely to eat chili, tuna salad, or any sort of casserole if I encourage her to scoop it up with tortilla chips. Plus, it's DAMN DELICIOUS. And I will put potato chips on my sandwich TILL THE DAY I DIE.

FinnyKnits said...

Yuuuuuup. Totally agree. Frankly, what's LUNCH without chips? Bubba gets on my case about eating all the chips without having a sandwich to go with it.

We've actually had arguments about that. Because we're odd and have strange priorities in life.

Meanwhile, hot dogs REQUIRE Lay's original potato chips and I love chili with Fritos scoops.