Friday, January 31, 2014

Ending as We Began

This week started with totally unconnected randomness; how's about we finish it the same way? Yes? Great. Onward.

Cubby's preschool teacher called this afternoon to make sure he was okay, since he did not grace the preschool with his presence once this week. He's fine now; I was just being responsible and keeping him home to make sure he didn't infect the other children. His teacher thanked me for my thoughtfulness on this point.

You are welcome, Ms. Teacher. Please brace yourself for the triumphant return of Cubby on Tuesday of next week, because he's ready to go back to school and I am, uh, ready to have him gone.

Insert standard "I love my child more than my life, but . . ." disclaimer here.

Charlie has a new trick: licking. Yeah. This is very disconcerting when I come upon him french-kissing the window, and even more disconcerting when I'm fending off his slurping tongue from my cheek.

I think it's clear that Charlie's humor is all of the gross-out variety. Hooray.

Dripping noses seem to persist long after they should when children are recovering from colds. My snot-covered clothes are starting to get me down, man. Maybe I should not be so lazy about getting up to get an actual tissue, but . . . I am. Lazy. And covered in dried snot.

And on that high note, I believe I'd better sign off here with my wishes for the best weekend ever! Free of snot and all. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mia has taught Charlie his new trick? Mary in MN

flask said...

yours is the only mommy blog i love.

ah, who am i kidding? it;s the only one i can stand to read.

but i do love it.

you are awesome. and your kids are, too.

and i wish you some snot-free days.

Daisy said...

Licking? He might learn his way out of that trick the first time he licks something cold and metal and outside. Learning from experience - priceless.

rls said...

Man, I remember when my 15-ish-month-old daughter discovered licking. It was during the summer and she used to come up behind me while I was standing at the counter and lick up the back of my leg. Gross. Gah-ross.