Monday, February 19, 2018

Seems Reasonable


A. and Cubby are leaving on Wednesday to go to Tucson to visit the various family members there. While I was checking the airline's carry-on rules, just to see if anything has changed since the last time we flew, I came across the TSA "What Can I Bring" lists. In the section for "household/tools," listed in between "Butane Curling Irons (cordless)" and "cell phones," is "cattle prods."

Cattle prods.

I am not making this up.

We have a fairly unusual household ourselves that includes things like skunk essence (for trapping) and ice claws (in case A. falls through the ice), but in no way can I see how cattle prods constitute a "household tool."

In case you were wondering, they're allowed in checked baggage, but not in carry-ons. Consider yourself informed.

Seriously. Cattle prods.

* We're waiting until tomorrow to tell the children, because the wrath of the two other boys will no doubt be fearsome to behold. In the wise words of Scarlett O'Hara, "I can't think about this now. I'll think about it tomorrow." Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy... maybe if they bring them back what is to them a great prize...say a Tuscon rock or something... that might help.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with telling the other 2 boys!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps A. can plan an activity with the two other boys and let them know ahead of time so they won't be so angry? Mary in MN