Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Feeling Girly Today


I want to talk about shoes. Since this is MY blog, we're going to talk about MY shoes. Because I just bought some new ones. Yay! This is an event that coincides roughly with the blue moon, so I feel much excitement that must be shared. With you. Your lucky day.

Returning from a nice day out to Lake Ontario on Sunday, A. announced that the time had finally come to replace his ridiculously worn-out black work shoes. Fortuitously, we were near the big outlet center, so we stopped on the way home. We went to the Clarks store, where A. always buys the same style of shoes, in the same size. Men are so easy. I noted on the way in that they had signs up advertising a sale--buy one pair and the second was 25% off. A. didn't need any more shoes, but I thought it couldn't hurt for ME to look. And of course, as soon as I did, I decided that I absolutely NEEDED a pair of brown boots. I couldn't go on living if I didn't have a pair of brown boots.

I was feeling a little dramatic.

Now normally, I am very reluctant to spend money on clothes and shoes. Especially shoes, because they cost a lot and they're about the only thing I don't buy at thrift stores. But I must have had a holiday mentality from our little day trip, because I didn't hesitate a second.

And now, with no further ado . . .

Ladies and gentlemen (if any men are still reading this ridiculousness), my new boots! WHOOOO!

Please ignore my disgusting old running shoes in the background.

They're, like, REAL SHOES. With a heel and everything! They're not practical, ugly Blackrock shoes. So of course, I wanted to wear them right away and have someone exclaim over my cute new shoes. Unfortunately, I don't really get out much. But yesterday, I had to go to the mechanic to get the oil changed in my car. So . . .

Oh yes, I did. I wore my pretty new shoes to the grungy old mechanic's. Brian the Mechanic did not exclaim over them, but I can't really be too disappointed, since he's missing teeth and wears an oily jumpsuit on a daily basis.

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow, so I think the shoes will get another outing. Oh my God, the glamor.

And oh my God, I'm so lame.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Very nice shoes, Kristin.

Anonymous said...

Hot boots. Very hot.

SaraPMcC said...

Nice boots! I hope your trip to the dentist goes well and you don't end up like the mechanic.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

I bet they'd go good with a ruffly white skirt.

Sweet Bird said...

Never be ashamed of new boots! Boots are the very foundation of...er..well...Boots Rock!

I own many boots. They are all hot and Husband does not often mind the amounts of money spent on stuff to make me look hot. Win-win.

Tina Post said...

I only barely restrained myself from blogging about my new boots. But I know consider myself knighted. They were expensive, but they're fancy negative-heel earth shoes, which I feel are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to preserving my back. Scientifically grounded? Mmmm, I think not so much. Placebo effect? Maybe. Either way I LOVE them.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Thank you for exclaiming over my new shoes, my virtual friends. And Drew, what is it with you and the ruffly white skirt? You seem to have a real fascination for women's clothes. Does your wife know about this?

C., why restrain yourself? What is the point of having a blog if you can't force other people to read the dull minutia of your daily life? Well, your blog probably has more of a point than that, actually, but that's pretty much it for my creative inspirations. MEMEMEMEMEME. Because I'm the world's biggest narcissist, apparently.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, the boots were not meant to replace the shoes in the background, which, I might add, have also seen better days. However, tennies are not fun shoes, so that's OK. I really does feel great to buy something new and not absolutely practical. You go girl. Try not to get those heals stuck in the mud this spring/winter.

MsPicketToYou said...

and with the chaps! good god: stand back mechanics and dentists!

FinnyKnits said...

LOVE THEM.

And if you ever want to talk shoes, I'm your gal.

I don't have this reluctance to spend money on clothes or shoes that you speak of, so I'm always ready to Talk Shoe.

krysta said...

my daughter loves wearing her nicest shoes to the dentist because someone always comments on them. i like your boots and i never buy new shoes either.