Monday, September 22, 2008

To Paraphrase ZZ Top* . . .

Every girl's crazy 'bout a chainsaw man.


Testosterone hovers around him like an aura.

It's always fun and entertaining to watch A. cheat dismemberment and run his chainsaw. The kickass Stihl chainsaw (the Cadillac of chainsaws, for those of you who didn't know) that I bought him for our anniversary last year. I may, in fact, be the coolest wife ever. Yes.

But the real benefit of the chainsaw, of course, is this . . .

Lots of wood=toasty toes

Now if we could just get the chimney cleaned so we don't have a chimney fire and burn the house down, we'd be all set.

* ZZ Top played at The Great New York State Fair this year. We did not go to the show, something that I suspect we may regret for the rest of our lives.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, you had ZZ Top at your state fair? We had Village People at our county fair.

And oh my goodness, lamb pelts in your barn. I can't even set a mousetrap. There's maybe a metaphor in the ZZ Top vs Village People thing.

SaraPMcC said...

Now, here's a post I can actually read! Well, as long as A. continues to cheat dismemberment.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Are you kidding me? ZZ Top was there and you didn't go?

[looks down ... shakes head sadly]

Anonymous said...

I'm so ready for fall & winter this year. I only wish we had wood-burning fireplaces instead of disconnected, inspection-failing gas ones that serve mainly as graveyards for the birds and squirrels that fall down our chimneys. So cozy!

MsPicketToYou said...

um? weird karma no?

long live the chain saws!