Thursday, April 23, 2009

Big Puppy Doin's

This morning I will be driving with the MiL to The City to help her wrangle the puppies into a clinic for their eye test. Some kind of genetic thing collies can be born with and they have to test negative for before they can be sold as show dogs (I am SO TECHNICAL about these things, I know).

Then tomorrow, the puppies will begin going to their new homes. A family from nearby will be coming tomorrow to pick up the puppy they chose as their daughter's 10th birthday present. Those are some awesome parents, right there. On Saturday, the MiL will be driving two of the female puppies to Vermont to deliver them to their new homes. Those two are going to show homes, meaning they will be shown and probably bred after they get their championships.

What this all means for all of you, of course, is that this is probably the last photo you will see of all the puppies together.


I caused a brawl in The Puppy Penitentiary with this photo.

Don't be sad, duckies. I'm not. I love the puppies, and they are cute, but you realize that if we were to keep them all, we would have NINE dogs. No, thank you. So, to the puppies I say, bon voyage and have a nice life (we know they will), and to you I say, you'll always have the lambs.

7 comments:

nanacoon said...

It's sad to see them go, BUT... it's also time for them to start having their own BIG adventure of living their own exciting lives. Bonnie

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Well, we'll have the lambs until you have the lambs, if you get my meaning.

jean said...

sob

Mayberry Magpie said...

I'm quite certain some folks call me Mayberry's Crazy Animal Lady what with three dogs, a cat, and a bird . . . but even I say whoa Nellie at 9 dogs.

Have happy lives sweet puppies!

FinnyKnits said...

Bye puppies! I'm going back to loving on Mia now :)

rls said...

Wow, that went fast!

krysta said...

so will you be able to know if they do well at shows or go to westmeintser? (or however it's spelled?)