Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pajama Party

Because I'm feeling blah and uninspired today . . .

It's Audience Participation Day! So, let's talk about the merits of Sonia Sotomayor as a Supreme Court Nominee. Do you agree or disagree with President Obama's nomination? Please provide three supporting arguments, and don't forget to double space.

HAAA! As if I would encourage such a discussion here. No, Going Country isn't that kind of place. We don't talk about the events of the day. We talk about trivial, but nonetheless personally important, topics. Like p.j.'s.

Everyone has their pajama preferences. I always, ALWAYS sleep in shorts, even in winter when the ice is forming on the walls. I can't STAND pants when I'm sleeping. My legs are always cocooned under two layers of wool blankets and a down comforter, so they don't need any extra layering. My arms, on the other hand, are more likely to be exposed. Therefore, I wear a long-sleeved t-shirt to bed in the winter, sometimes a sweatshirt if it's really cold. And a short-sleeved t-shirt in the summer. No tank tops. I don't like having bare shoulders. And what's the most popular style for pajama sets? Pants and tank tops. OF COURSE.

Also, I can't wear anything too loose to bed, because I'm very flippy when I'm sleeping and loose stuff just gets all twisted up and uncomfortable.

But I know I'm not the only one with strong pajama opinions. So what's YOUR p.j. preference? Lacy nightgowns? Frumpy flannels? Or do you go the Naughty Nekkid route? Do tell.

13 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Bare. Can't stand haveing anything that might bind me. Maybe socks if really really cold. maybe.

Leslie said...

I typically wear cotton pajama bottoms and a tank top -- sometimes a sweater if it's cold. My husband sleeps in his birthday suit from time to time. Apparently I'm the prude in the relationship.

sheila said...

Winter, sweat pants and tee shirt, or long sleeve if it's really cold. If it's really, really cold, wool socks and felted slippers over them. Can't stand cold feet. My house is really cold. Turn heat down to 50 at night.

Summer, big, baggy tee shirt. Fan blowing on me. No AC.

I'm doing my best to save the environment.... or I'm that broke.

SaintTigerlily said...

Haha. Good one!

I switch around depending on my mood but nothing too hot. I have a pj drawer in my dresser so I can pick and choose.

If I'm drunk I sleep naked. Don't know why that is.

Anonymous said...

I always wear a nightgown around my neck--at least that's where it ends up. I suppose I should rethink this someday.

Phoo-D said...

Since there are no kids in the house yet and the dog is always walking around naked, it's usually just me and the sheets. The number of blankets definitely rise and fall with the seasons though.

Anonymous said...

No jammies allowed when Hubby is home, not even socks. When Hubby is gone I sleep, all year, in a long-sleeved flannel night gown and flannel pants - he's my bedwarmer and it's always too cold when he's not there...

Susan said...

I have taken to wandering outside to chat with the neighbors while still in my pajamas, so I've become a fan of the sets which look not at all like lingerie but are still clearly pajamas. Because really, what's the point of going out in your pajamas if people can't tell?

CountryMidwife said...

I literally don't understand how people wear pajamas. They just get all balled up and wake me up. Birthday suit, hot or freezing.

Mayberry Magpie said...

Cotton pants, jersey t. Simple, comfortable, light.

But there is one strict rule: no underwear. I wear pantyhose nearly every day of my life and at bedtime I can't even stand to be all bound up by undergarments.

MsPicketToYou said...

I sleep almost EVERY night in the shirt I wore that day.

I know it's kinda gross.

When I actually change: it's my husband's giant tee shirt, preferably worn once by him already.

tami bami wami said...

summer i wear boxers and a cut off sleeveless t-shirt.

winter i wear sweatpants and sweatshirt.

Joan S said...

Estee Lauder's Cinnabar