Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Corny Days Are Here Again*

So, Kristin, you ask. What did YOU do yesterday? (Do you like how I'm making YOU talk in MY posts now? I think that may be a sign of some kind of blogging psychosis.)

Thank you for asking. Among other things (laundry, dishes, more laundry, paperwork . . . and yes, MORE LAUNDRY--we are dirty), I cut many, many kernels of corn off of their cobs.


Corn off the cob. See the naked cobs in the back? Shameful.

Now Kristin, you say. Why in the name of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph do you have all that corn in a bundt pan, of all things?

Ah. And here we come to the point of today's post. (What? You were maybe thinking there was no point? Shame on you! I always have a point! Maybe not a GOOD point, but still.) I felt that it is my civic duty to refer you to the post I did last year about the best way to cut corn off the cob. So, if you have ever struggled with corn ricocheting all over the kitchen and you routinely end up with more corn on the floor than on your cutting board, go read this post. It will change your life for the better.

And after all, that's my whole reason for writing this drivel: to change lives.

Up with people.

* I would like to apologize for that title. It's terrible, I know. Unfortunately, nothing better was coming to me.

6 comments:

SaintTigerlily said...

And now I have Led Zeppelin in my head. Thank you.

(No, really. Thank you!)

Anonymous said...

Ha! - "Up with people."
When I was in college, two representatives from the ACTUAL Up With People came to the theatre department to recruit, and OH MY GOD.

Phoo-D said...

Wow- how did I miss that original post? I need to try that trick right away. Do you have a favorite recipe for maquechoux? It sounds great!

FinnyKnits said...

I've had my bundt pan out and ready to go since I put the corn seeds in the ground. So what if that was months ago? SO WHAT?

moi said...

Now tell the truth - was it really that perfect at catching all the little kernels, or did you wipe up a few strays prior to the photo?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Truth: No strays. Honest. Although, these were fairly small ears. Sometimes with long ears, a few kernels may topple out of the pan.