Monday, February 8, 2010

You're Welcome, Saints Fans

I'm pretty sure the Saints won because I actually watched the entire game. I don't actually remember the last time I watched a whole football game; possibly in the 1990s when the Packers played in the Super Bowl. And of course, here in the eastern time zone, watching the whole game meant that I stayed up until 10 p.m., which is way past my bed time.

Watching the whole game also meant that I sat in a chair for four hours. This probably doesn't seem like anything very special to those of you who are not carrying around a full grown baby in your innards. Just trust me that no matter how comfortable the chair, after four hours, my pregnant back was very happy to get home and get to bed.

So, as you can see, my endurance and devotion was obviously recognized by some kind of Higher Power devoted to football and rewarded by allowing the Saints to win. Well, my endurance, and that great interception in the second half that led to a touchdown for the Saints. I can give them some small credit, I guess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Saints.
Good food? Don't kid us you stayed for the food ,not the game. :)

word verification ' iontrith '

very small furry creature from lord of the rings

Stephanie Z said...

My brother-in-law, a life long Saints Fan thanks you very much!

tu mere said...

I'm really impressed. Yep, your endurance obviously made a difference! I wonder how many New Orleanians made it to work today as functioning employees. Ah, the beauty of Tucson time.

Phoo-D said...

I actually watched the whole game too- and it went by so fast I was amazed! Great game, great food, good times.

me again said...

I am quite disappointed my Colts didn't win, but am very happy for the folks of New Orleans, who deserve some highlights, not lowlights. And I'm very impressed you stayed up so late for a sports game! Are you now naming the mancub DREW?

Daisy said...

Saints did great! Time to celebrate with Mardi Gras beads and jambalaya.