Saturday, November 5, 2011

An Indulgence

I took Cubby with me to the grocery store in the Small City yesterday and, on the way out, he was nothing less than electrified by the sight of the shiny helium balloons near the checkout.

So I bought him one. Perhaps I am setting a dangerous precedent of indulgence at the grocery store, but let me tell you, never have I spent a more-appreciated four dollars. That cheap, shiny, "Hope You're Feeling Better" balloon has provided hours of entertainment.

He punches it; tackles it; races across the room dragging it by the string; accidentally pinches his finger in the clip on the end (whoops--but he only did that once and apparently learned his lesson); throws it; pushes it under the coffee table and then kicks it out with his feet; tries to feed it to his rocking horse; and generally plays with it with no activity needed on my part. I just sit there and watch him go crazy.

And that, my friends, is worth WAY more than four bucks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A helium sibling . Sounds like you found the perfect babysitter. Beth

word verification-anthy
your sister to Cubby

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the buy of the century.

sheila said...

Hope you feel better soon... and it worked, you got to rest!

Marcy said...

Hey, I'll put four bucks in your video camera kitty just so I can watch this sort of fun!

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely!

Daisy said...

Creative play things - gotta love 'em!

Domestic Dilettante said...

Enjoy every one of those little indulgences. They get more and more expensive. Parker turned 16 last week and I would run out in a second and buy him a car (if I could afford it, what with two houses and all, darn Oklahoma housing market!) just to see his eyes light up.