Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bubbly

Hey, remember awhile ago when I was all excited about the fruit soda I made from failed jam and seltzer?  Well, know what's even better than that?  Fruit soda made from dissolved jelly and seltzer that I made myself in my SodaStream.

I've been thinking about getting the SodaStream for a couple of years now, because I really love seltzer and I really hate buying it all the time.  And then, Finny got one and recommended it.  Finny's my buddy.  We like a lot of the same things.  I trust her.  So then I knew I had to get it.

But it ended up that my mom got it for me, because she wanted some Christmas and birthday gift ideas, so I very generously said she could give me the SodaStream.  I aim to please.

I really cannot tell you how much I love this machine.  Yes, it takes up valuable real estate on my already-crowded counter, which is no small consideration, but it turns out that when I'm making my own seltzer instead of buying it, I can drink even MORE seltzer.  About three liters a day, as a matter of fact.

That's a lot of fizzy water.

I can also make fruit sodas on demand for a baby shower with jelly from my cellar and all the seltzer I need from my machine.  Seriously awesome.

So, in sum, love my SodaStream and love my mom and dad for giving it to me*.  That's all.

* That's not all I love them for, obviously, as I am not that shallow.  But it helps.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo. I have been considering one too... Highly recommended huh?

-Moi

Joan said...

I buy cases of "Fizzy Water" as I call it. I have seriously considered this machine but have not taken the leap yet.

Tell me more. Does it work on cartridges? How long do they last and how much do they cost?

Anonymous said...

It may take me awhile to be able to thank you for this recommendation. (Just this morning I decided that I "deserve" an iphone, doncha' know.) So, expense wise, not good timing. However, I am glad to have the opinion of one I have come to trust, oh ye, stranger in my computer. I used to buy lots and lots of seltzer water, but in recent years, it is no longer available here as plain seltzer - now it always has some sort of sweetener/fake sweetner in it. UGH! So, yeah, um, thanks a lot. Timberdawn

Phoo-D said...

Hmmm....I'll have to think about this one. I've seen a few glowing reviews but have never been a huge seltzer drinker. Seltzer mixed with homemade jelly would probably change my mind fast.

tu mere said...

How often does one actually score on a Christmas gift - not very. You get the kudos for the idea, and we'll take the love, shallow or not.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Yes, recommended. Yes, cartridges. I haven't had to buy any more yet, so I don't know how much they cost. You could no doubt find out on Amazon.

FinnyKnits said...

Yay! The SodaStream is a truly awesome addition to any Fizzy Water Loving Household.

The cartridges are about $16 to exchange for new ones, and I take mine into Sur La Table for this. Then they take them and send them back to SodaStream to be refilled and reused.

I think you can also exchange them through the mail with the shipping box that comes included in the set when you buy them originally.

Anyway - HOORAY for you and your SodaStream! Though - 3 liters of fizzy water/day? I imagine you spend the other part of your day in the toi?

;)