Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A.P.D.--The True Love Edition

This morning at 1:30, as I was sitting up in bed feeding the beast, I started thinking about some things that I really love. I am not talking here about the obvious and serious things, like my family. No, I'm talking more along the lines of "these are a few of my favorite things" kind of things. Small things that make me happy. Which I will now present to you in a very original list form:

-Coffee with chicory

-Showering

-The sunset over the lake in the winter

-The sight of my clean refrigerator whenever I open the door*

-Spaghetti and meatballs

-Sleeping

-Quiet rooms with no electronic noise

-Chocolate chip bar cookies (way better than regular cookies, I have decided)

-Clean sheets

Small things, without doubt, but they add up to happiness.

And now for your turn, my lovelies! What are the little but not inconsequential things that you love?

* About a week ago, I decided a thorough, pull-apart-the-shelves scrubbing was in order. So I did it at 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning with all three children taking turns crying and demanding attention during the hour it took me. Totally worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate.
Going alone to a good movie.
Doggy kisses.
No deadlines.
A new (untouched) book to read.

Mary in MN

Kristin @ Going Country said...

As requested . . .

Hi! I can't use your comment section as I don't subscribe to Google. Can you add this to your blog?

I have seasonal lists. Here is my:

Winter List
A time to turn inward and prepare for the year ahead.
Looking out the window at new fallen snow
Snow angels
Snow men
Hot chocolate with marshmallows
Animal tracks in the snow
The hush outside when it snows
Snowflakes on my tongue
The sound of snow falling
The voices of children when sledding
The green of the big fir and holly trees in the park
The sound of someone (else) shoveling
Lying in bed reading a good book
Making (and eating!) soups and stews
Hearing the salt trucks
Hearing the snow plow & hoping we aren't plowed in

Reta Kenter
A Constant Reader (in all senses of the word)

Anonymous said...

A glass of red wine and a piece of dark chocolate

The snuggley feeling when you first lay back in bed and pull the blanket up to your chin-and fully relax

A hot bubble bath

Sitting alone in a quiet house with a fresh hot cup of coffee and the newspaper

Purring of a cat

-moi

Lindsey @ Half Dime Homestead said...

Oh, that list is good. The clean refrigerator is the bomb.

A stack of seed catalogs.

Picking up books at the library.

Smelling my daughter's hair while we read books at night.

Shoving my freezing cold feet/toes into the area behind my Husbands bent knees while we hang out on the couch at night. It's so warm!!

Having my outfit match my mood and comfort level and venue.

The smell of the Home Depot wood department.

FinnyKnits said...

Obviously, many of your things are also my things. The clean refrigerator, for one. Same goes for organized drawers and cabinets - no mess inside makes me smile through and through.

Other things:
*A properly made gin + tonic (Hendrick's gin, lime wedge, Fever Tree Indian Tonic, lots of ice)
*Fog in the mountains on my running mornings
*Snow all day while we're skiing
*My hydro system running a full day without any clogs or tragedies