Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bacchanalia at the Pediatrician's Office

Happy Fat Tuesday, my lovelies! I hope you have something appropriately sinful to eat or drink today. I celebrated Fat Tuesday (part of my heritage, as you may remember) by taking all three children to the pediatrician's for Jack's two-month check-up. And vaccinations.

It was totally a party.

You should have seen the look on the pediatrician's face when he walked into the tiny exam room to be confronted by me and three boys. Cubby and Charlie were very well-behaved, but they keep the exam rooms about 80 degrees for the comfort of the naked babies being examined, so us fully dressed folk were about to pass out from heat stroke. And we were in there for about half an hour from beginning to end.

Actually, the temperature in the exam room was probably the closest we'll get to the Mardi Gras atmosphere today.

Jack was pretty good about the shots and actually fell asleep as soon as we got in the car, so I decided a little Fat Tuesday celebratory treat was in order for those of us with teeth. We went to the bakery in the Small City that makes the best doughnuts in the entire world (the best I've had, anyway, and I've sampled more than my fair share of doughnuts in my time) and got a doughnut for all of us. It's not a King Cake, but it's the best we're gonna get in this godforsaken winter wasteland.

Laissez le bon temps roulez! Even in New York.

P.S. Jack is now 12.5 pounds and 24 inches long. Just in case you were consumed with curiosity.

No comments: