Saturday, December 19, 2015

All the Elements for Fun

I had to cancel Jack's admittedly lame birthday celebration with other children yesterday due to the fact that the birthday boy is currently dripping grossness from his nose, coughing like a three-pack-a-day smoker, and generally in no shape for revelry.

But that doesn't mean we didn't celebrate! Of course not!

We had decorations!


I am not on Pinterest. You are shocked by this, I know.


What kind of mean person hangs the balloons out of the guest of honor's reach? 


Now you see why I'm not on Pinterest? Yup.

We had cake!


No, there is no frosting. I made whipped cream for it instead. (That's the same candle I used for both Cubby's and Charlie's first birthdays. Even Jack's cake decorations are hand-me-downs.)


You might think this is the face of a child who is underwhelmed by his frosting-less cake. You would be right.


This, however, is the face of a child who is digging the whipped-cream-covered beater.


Maybe next year I'll skip the cake and just give him a beater.

We had a seriously exhausted and snotty baby who was ready for bed at 6 p.m.


Party on, Wayne. Some other time.

We'll make up for it next year. Maybe.

3 comments:

tu mere mere said...

Oh my. Totally missed out on the last three days. Sickness, awesome tree lighting (I can totally emphasize!), birthday, the works. Hope birthday boy is a bit less sick today! One year parties are highly overrated.

Anonymous said...

Seems like a good party to me! Mary in MN

sheila said...

One yr old, plus immediate family, I'd call that a perfect sized birthday celebration. Hopefully all are well by Christmas or at least New Year's.