Monday, February 29, 2016

So Cute, But So Contagious


Yesterday afternoon, Cubby and Charlie both fell asleep on the couch like this:


Looks horribly uncomfortable for Charlie, but still . . . awwwww.

It's not unheard-of for Charlie to still take a nap if the occasion presents itself in the afternoon, but Cubby never does unless he's sick. He's had a slight cold, so I figured that was why he fell asleep.

When he woke up, however, it became quite obvious that he also has pinkeye.

AWESOME.

He told me last week that his friend at school had it, so I was half-expecting this to happen. It is, of course, terribly contagious. This means he is not at school today, and I have to haul him plus his two brothers to the doctor to get him some medicine. 

Anyone want to lay bets on how long before Cubby's little pillow up there starts oozing from the eyes? 

Please, Conjunctivitis Filth, please just spare the baby. Pleeeease.

Stay tuned for the dramatic plot twists, my lovelies.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My own eyes started to tear up after reading this! Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed! I wish you could just put Jack in a bubble until this passes...
-moi

tu mere mere said...

Glad y'all are there and not here to reinfect the Phoenix family. Although I don't know if it's painful, the kids seem to really hate the eye drop thing after a while. Good luck keeping it in check!