Tuesday, July 11, 2017

All the Comforts of the Smugglers' Cave


Cubby burst in the front door yesterday, followed by his two minions, and asked me if they could use their jackets for the floor of their smugglers' cave.

Say what?

"What smugglers' cave?" I had to ask.

"The one we made under the picnic table," he replied.

"And what are you smuggling?"

"Peas from the garden. So can we use the jackets?"

"Sure."

"YAAAAAY!"


The wily smugglers in their camouflaged cave. With a padded floor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagination , a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

It's so great that you write down these amazing conversations--and that you share them. And it's great that your kids have lives that generate the imagination and the activities! It reminds me of my childhood summers, playing with the neighborhood kids.

Becky said...

This just made me burst out laughing (especially since I've just been re-reading Treasure Island--every kid's fantasy). Smugglers' Cave it is--with luxury package :-)