Thursday, September 14, 2017

And Yet, I Keep Typing


I just noticed that this post right here is published post #2502 on this blog.

That's hard to believe. How could I possibly have 2,502 posts' worth of words to spew about essentially nothing?

It's a talent, I guess.

That was a joke.

Just for the sake of round numbers, I should have noted that this thrilling post about canning applesauce was #2500. But if I had known that one was such a momentous marker, I would have felt some pressure to make it, like, about something, rather than just a random stream of consciousness about The State of My Canning.

In hindsight, that was the perfect post for momentous #2500. Because it wasn't momentous, or introspective, or deep. It was a random, not-terribly-exciting bit of a random, not-terribly-exciting life.

And really, that's perfectly representative of the entire story I've been telling here for the past, uh, almost ten years. (That is also hard to believe.) Random and not terribly exciting, but fun anyway.

So here we go with the next 2500 posts about inconsequential triviality. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to every post! Delurking from Australia.

Anonymous said...

As do I. Some posts are exciting; some are hilarious; some are frightening. But all are VERY interesting. Thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! And I have been reading and enjoying from the beginning! Mary in MN

tu mere said...

I think it totally rocks, but then I would wouldn't I!

Anonymous said...

I think that you have a larger fan club than you ever imagined.

Tammy said...

Honestly, it's the simple, everyday stuff that I really like in a blog. Ordinary, maybe even boring, it is a glimpse into someone else's simple, sometimes boring life.

I've read blogs where the blogger was constantly traveling, going to a new country every month! And always buying stuff. Expensive stuff, by our standards. That got old, quick. I couldn't relate. The constant fancy trips weren't special anymore, they were the routine. It was overwhelming, and out of my league, I guess.

Anyway, keep posting your simple, everyday life. We love it!

sheila said...

Ah that explains it, you're the Seinfeld of the blogging world. Only you are having the longer run. May you have another 2,500 posts! Will Cubby be in High School by then?