Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stupid Brain

You would think, since I'm getting a total of maybe six hours of sleep every night in three- or four-hour increments, that I would be really tired. You would think I would be tired enough that my brain isn't occupied at 2 a.m. with such useful thoughts as what I'll have for breakfast when I get up in a few hours or what Cubby will wear that day. You would think I would be sleeping instead of focusing on the day ahead.

You would think, but you would be wrong.

ANNOYING.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a baby has led me to discover that I ONLY wake up feeling refreshed on less than 5 hours of sleep, or more than 9. No middle ground. WTF? ANNOYING.

Anonymous said...

SO, what DID you have for breakfast? Teasing. Hope you are able to sleep during the day when Cubby does. Your job is raising him. So don't feel bad if you do nap during the day. Eventually , I hear you will be able to sleep all night. :) Beth

word verification drachy

what you wake up feeling like in the morning

Alyssa said...

Just wait until he's sleeping through the night and you're still waking up every 4 hours. I probably check to be sure that Leif's face isn't covered, etc. at least 3 times a night. Mothering is a 24/7 gig!

jean said...

Rumor has it that sometime around college age you'll get some sleep.

CountryMidwife said...

Melatonin is okay, may help? When your brain is just going and going, an herbal tincture called Rescue Remedy (under the tongue) really does work. I gave it to moms of children involved in the Amish school shooting, and the kids LOVED it. So you know it works. But yes, most of all, sleep during the day to make up for it!