Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thanks a Lot, Mama N.

I asked you so nicely yesterday, Mama N. I asked if just possibly, just maybe you could find some kindness in your cold, cold winter heart and moderate the temperature. Just a little. Just so I don't have to wrap my child in animal skins like a Cro-Magnon baby to keep his hands from becoming little ice cubes. I didn't think that was such a hard request.

And what did you do? You made it snow yesterday.

That was a bitchy move, Mama. Bitchy indeed. But as long as the promised seventy degrees actually materialize this weekend, I'll forgive you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Inuit people have babies and they live. Cubby may have the need to visit the Arctic Circle when he grows up. Beth I also hear about a foot of snow in Northern NY and Maine.

word verification ingleake

small loss of a participle

Anonymous said...

I have never been so grateful to NOT be living in Vermont anymore. Good lord. Hang in there, Frosty.

Anonymous said...

Today in MN there was ice on the bird baths! Mary

Alyssa said...

I know, right!?!?! We were hoping to take the stroller to story time, but not in that snow. Ah, spring...

FinnyKnits said...

I was relieved for you this morning when NPR reported on the snow storms on the East Coast and that it was going to be in the 70s this weekend.

I say just stay out there and keep an eye on Mother Nature. She can't be trusted.

Alicia said...

Just keep thinking "seventy degrees, nice and warm..."

rls said...

SERIOUSLY? WTF, Mama N?

inadvertent farmer said...

OK...no more whining from me about the rain, its beats snow every day of the week and twice on Sunday! Kim