Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Endorsement

You should buy J-B Weld. Anything that can hold on a rapidly spinning mower blade over our rough terrain is a serious product.

I didn't actually think it would work. I'm not sure A. did, either. But when he fired the mower up this morning, that blade stayed right in place and cut the grass just as it should. It's a tiny bit bent, and so is a tiny bit higher than the other two blades, but the difference is slight enough that it really makes no difference.

I don't suppose it'll hold forever, but it's held through most of the mowing so far. I think A. has a couple of the smaller lawns left to do, but so far, so good.

In sum: J-B Weld is awesome and now has the Blackrock seal of approval. For whatever that's worth.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have some potatoes to hill. J-B Weld can't help me with that.

5 comments:

Roger A. Post said...

Thanks for the J-B Weld performance report. I'll treat my tubes of the stuff with more respect in the future. Truly a "must-have" item for the complete woodchuck toolbox.

sheila said...

I wouldn't want to be near it when the J-B Weld lets loose though. Sounds scarey to me.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Sheila: No worries. The blades don't go flying off or anything--they just drop straight to the ground.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Great news! I love it when the first try to fix something works.

Rae said...

Lol. Give me some JB Weld, zipties, duct tape, and baling twine and I can fix anything. :)

Actually, I'm astounded it held a mower blade together. Tougher than I thought!