Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sheep Ruin Everything

After an early-morning escapade involving our neighbor in her nightgown informing me that some sheep were camped out behind her house and then the rounding up of said sheep while apologizing to the neighbor and trying to fix the fence and fetching some chicken food to lure them in because we were out of corn and then fetching tie wire so A. could secure the fence and attempt yet again to just keep them in their OWN PERFECTLY FINE PASTURE JESUS CHRIST . . .

Well. I find I do not have the energy nor the enthusiasm to take pictures of the enormous old 25-gallon crock and the various 8-foot rusty ice saws and something called a "walk-behind tractor" and the other spoils of the trip A. took this past weekend. Nor do I have the time or patience to explain this trip and how he got to be in possession of these items.

So it will have to wait. You can blame the sheep. I do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We dealt with a loose dog this morning at 6:30. Our old dog Rowdy decided to be aggressive so there was much growling and barking until we could locate the owner. Those animals! I was also in my nightgown. Mary in MN

Sherry said...

Well, in Ireland the sheep roam free, often stopping traffic on those tiny roads that only one car can get by. Your blog has made me understand there is more to sheep than those cute, cuddly pictures I've often seen of them!

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

Butchering time yet? Naaaaaaaah.

Sorry, I tried to resist.



Word verification: vangs -- skateboarding shoes for vampires

Anonymous said...

I think A should be scouring the area sales for fencing. :) Beth

sheila said...

lamb, yummy

Roger A. Post said...

It would be a desperation move, and perhaps not sufficiently woodchuck, but the local Mennonite fence crew probably could contain the ever-wandering sheep.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Baaaaaad Sheep! I couldn't resist.