Monday, November 19, 2012

Butchery

I had something else to talk about today, but my every spare non-child-care minute today--which is to say, approximately 120 minutes of the day--has been taken up with butchering A.'s deer. And the dishes associated with butchering.

It doesn't take much imagination to visualize what butchering dishes are like. Knives, cutting boards, meat saw, cleaver, all in the goriest state imaginable.  Gross.

And there are still two large pots of meat in the refrigerator that have yet to be trimmed and packaged for the freezer.  So I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

But for now, I'm tired.  I'm going to bed.  Good night.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Don't know how you do it! As much as I love venison, beef, poultry, there is NO WAY I could even watch someone butcher the meat, much less do it myself. I could shoot a deer - because I realize if it weren't for hunters, many deer would starve to death over winter. But I would have to turn the other way while it was being field dressed!!!