Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Diseased Hooves

I was just thinking that it's high time I posted a picture around here. All these wordy words and not a picture to be seen for lo these many days. How boring. But since the only on-topic photo would be of my diseased hands and feet, I think you'll all agree it's best I decided not to post one.

Yes, I have indeed succumbed to the miserable human hoof and mouth disease. It doesn't usually affect adults. Except those of us with compromised immune systems. So it's Winston's fault I got it. And Cubby's and Charlie's fault I was exposed to it. They can all three share in the blame and I hope they appreciate the suffering their mother goes through because of them.

Right.

I don't feel so bad, really. Except for all the little red sore spots all over my palms and fingers that hurt whenever I move my hands. And the ones on my feet that hurt whenever I walk. Other than that, I'm just peachy.

Oh well. This too shall pass. In less than a week--if the children's experience is any indicator--I'll be all recovered and disease-free. In the meantime, we'll all just keep calm and carry on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! No bueno. I am so sorry!

-moi

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear! I was worried that you would indeed get it! Have a quick recovery. Mary in MN

tu mere said...

Hands and feet. Wow. It's not like you can stop using your hands or keep off of your feet as much as possible until this alien bug leaves your body. Just one more weird thing to add to your growing list of firsts.

May be Winston will be immune to the disease when he's born (or she's born, if using she is even remotely possible).

Susan said...

Can your sore hands wrap around a glass of wine? Cuz if so, I recommend going to bed for three days with an endless supply of people bringing you wine. Not really a Blackrock solution, right?

Daisy said...

Been there. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!