Thursday, May 4, 2017

Now That's Appreciation


This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at Cubby and Charlie's school. The school sent home a flier with helpful ideas of what we could send in to the teachers for each day of the week.

I don't much like to be dictated to, but God knows, I certainly appreciate the fact that those teachers deal with my children and many others all day long. So for Monday's "Send your teacher a healthy treat!" (there are lots of exclamation points on that flier), I decided to send in some granola I made on Sunday. Personally, I would way rather get granola than a banana or something.

I skipped over the subsequent days, including sending in a favorite drink (as if I know the teachers that well), writing a note expressing appreciation, and I forget what else. Mostly I didn't do these things because I got sick. Some kind of generally minor but still nausea-inducing digestive issue.

Whee.

I've been sick now and subsisting mostly on rice and scrambled eggs for three days, but I pulled myself together enough today to make the big finale for Teacher Appreciation Week: "Send your teacher a sweet treat!"

I could have gone with my standard oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, even though the teachers didn't remove any snow for me. Instead I made hot fudge sauce*.

I mean, which would you rather have? That's what I thought.

I made a double recipe, to make sure I had enough for three half-pint jars for the teachers (Charlie has both a teacher and an assistant teacher) and some left for us.

There was a lot left for us. Like, more than a pint.

That's a lot of hot fudge sauce.

The end result of all of this was that I made hot fudge sauce for the teachers, with a lot left over, that I didn't even want to eat.

You're welcome, teachers. Never let it be said I don't appreciate you.

* I use this recipe. It's delicious. Duh.

2 comments:

tu mere said...

That's a bit of a stretch to be required to send in something each day. So sorry to hear you're "under the weather". Seems there have been quite a few of those days for various and sundry reasons since the pregnancy. Guess you're getting all the bad stuff out of the way so the final stretch can be without worries. Yep, that's how it always works. Thanks for the recipe. Thinking there might still be some at your place when I arrive.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Mere: Hahahahahaha. No. There will be none left in approximately one week. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) one could also--ahem, hypothetically--eat the sauce cold straight out of the jar with a spoon. Because then it's like regular fudge instead of hot fudge. It goes fast that way.