Sunday, August 19, 2018

Making Me Blush


The kids and I went to the playground in the next village over while A. was busy doing something else. Just after we arrived, a truck pulled up with a teenage girl and her mother, who started setting up for a party. They busily moved tables about, blew up balloons, and pulled out a HUGE pinata in the shape of a pink cowboy boot.

The children were enjoying watching the party preparations. I assumed the two were setting up for the girl's birthday party.

Then they hung up a big box on which was written quite clearly, "We're here for the sex."

Oh, really? Because I'm not, and my children certainly aren't.

I quickly re-directed the children to the other part of the playground, where my two literate kids wouldn't be able to read the sign. I could not imagine why such a thing was on display at what I thought was a teenager's birthday party.

When A. arrived, he suggested that probably they were setting up a bachelorette party, which I guess makes a little more sense.

But still. I could have done without that.

7 comments:

Tara said...

I bet it was a gender reveal!
-moi

Kay said...

Gender reveal?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Moi: Ah. Now THAT makes sense. Thank you. I feel better.

Kay: When expectant parents announce the sex of their coming baby.

Joellen said...

I vote gender reveal , too. Maybe the piƱata held either pink or blue treats to indicate the sex.

Gemma's person said...

Lord have mercy. My brain was scrambling for an answer. I like the gender reveal one. Shuwee.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, until someone said about it being a gender reveal, my reaction would have been exactly the same as yours!

flask said...

i also think gender reveal.

but maybe you should have put up a sign that said "we're here because of sex".

put THEM on the back foot.