Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Great Escape


My sourdough has been very exuberant here in New Mexico. I suspect it's mostly the altitude, though maybe there are some other wild yeasts here that are particularly, well, wild.

I don't know. All I know is I put the pot of rising dough in the refrigerator last night to slow it down some on its last rise and woke up to Mt. Sourdough erupting all over the top shelf. The lid had been pushed off and everything. It was a mess.

But at least I know I have an active starter.

3 comments:

Cathy R said...

I always imagine something like that accompanied by the "Jaws" theme song...

Hope it wasn't too bad to clean up.

Gemma's person said...

Another win, your sourdough starer is ALIVE and thriving.

mil said...

I think you can safely reduce the amount of starter you use--I do think it's the altitude, though you may indeed have picked up some extra strains of yeast.