Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Jack's First Day




Three lunch bags.


Three backpacks*.


Three schoolboys (one of whom is being a jackass, as you can see.)


One brand-new preschooler.

Go get 'em, Jack.

* This was not meant to be an advertisement for L.L. Bean, but I obviously deliberately choose their products for my sons. The backpack Jack is using was Cubby's when he started school, and Cubby has the same lunch bag that is now going into its fourth year of daily use, so I can vouch that L.L. Bean school things hold up to boy abuse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack has such a wonderful smile (when his brother isn't torturing him). Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He looks so pleased to be going to pre-school.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi -

I don't normally comment on blogs, just read them, but I did want to tell you that I truly enjoy your writing style and your down to earth, common sense approach to parenting and life. Good luck in your New Mexico journey. You seem to be embracing it with relish!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Thank you, Anonymous. That was much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I hope Jack all the boys had a great day - they certainly look excited for their adventures! I really trust your LL Bean recommendation by the way, I need to see if they have a UK website. J x

Becky said...

I'm sure enjoying your New Mexico adventures and photos of the family. Just wanted to say that I bought an LL Bean messenger bag about 25 years ago, and it carried all my teacher stuff back and forth to school for years. Since then it's made many trips as a computer bag. It still looks practically new.

Anonymous said...

Just a comment regarding LL Bean. I occasionally buy ladies clothing online from them...stuff wears like iron. I have items I have worn weekly for several years & they are still going strong. So I can see how the lunch boxes & backpacks have held up so well with the boys.
Linda