Sunday, October 6, 2019

The Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Post


It's that time of year! The time of year when the Internet is awash with photos of children wearing sweaters and being all adorable in pumpkin patches.

I have a contribution to that category this year.

Poppy and I went to the pumpkin patch today and she picked out her very own pumpkin.


She was quite pleased with herself.

You will note that my toddler+pumpkin photo is not actually in a pumpkin patch. That's because the patch is the backyard under my clothesline, which is currently riddled with gopher holes and decoratively accented with dying green bean plants.

How festively autumnal.

Actually I don't have a picture in the pumpkin patch because I didn't have the camera with me when Poppy and I went out to water my newly transplanted sprouting broccoli and took a detour to pull a pumpkin off a dead vine.

It was quite a heavy pumpkin, but Poppy insisted on carrying it inside by herself to show Daddy. Which is when I actually got the photos of her with it, in my chair in the corner of the living room.


All smiles with her pumpkin.

The smiles turned to tears when I had to confiscate the pumpkin because she was sure it was a toy and kept carrying it around and dropping it. Since I do actually want to eat these pumpkins rather than play with them, I put it safely in A.'s office for storage.

Poppy was not pleased that I took her toy away. Good thing there are about a dozen more in the backyard. 

There are no wagon rides or corn mazes at our pumpkin patch, but then again, it's free and right out our back door. Can't beat that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Is that a pickle/zucchini necklace she is wearing? So very stylish!!
Linda

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Ha. No. Her dress has a little tie thing in the front at the neck, but I have no idea what that is that looks like a necklace attached to the pumpkin stem. Mysterious.

tu mere said...

Such a heartless mommy you are. I know it's the camera angle, but her feet look comically big. And yes, Nana's can say that kind of stuff 'cause we love every bit of her!