Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Talk About Timing


This afternoon while I was working at the school, Jack's preschool teacher came to find me to tell me that he was running a slight fever and not feeling well. There was only about an hour left of the school day, so he spent the remainder of the day under a blanket reading books in the corner of his classroom.

He was looking pretty miserable by the time we all boarded the school bus to go home, and by the time we actually got home fifteen minutes later, he was sobbing.

He tearfully asked me to carry him off the bus and into the house. Unfortunately, that was not possible, given my load of my own backpack, his backpack, and Poppy. Cubby offered to carry him off and just as they got to the bottom of the bus steps, Jack threw up all over.

A little bit of it got on the bottom step of the bus, but most of it landed on the ground*. He threw up again while he was walking the rest of the way to the house.

As sorry as I felt for him, I mostly felt relief that he did it somewhere where I didn't have to clean it up. It would have been a real mess on the bus.

Good job on waiting until you were in the great outdoors, Jack. Your teacher and I both thank you.

* A tiny bit also got on Cubby's hand, which is really gross and a poor repayment for being such a nice older brother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor Jack! Hope he feels better soon!
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Cubby's a champ. Sorry for Jack. The brotherly love shown. :)

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Now Cubby gets to tell a super-gross story tomorrow at school.

Lynn said...

I hope he is not contagious and wants to share! Poor boy, hope he feels better soon.

tu mere said...

You really have been overtasked to not have bread. Sick kids and a job just don't mix, but what can you do. Thanks for including the elk receipe. I'll use it for the steak Jimmy shared when I get around to trying it. Great that Blog posts are forever!