Thursday, March 12, 2020

Parallel Conversations


Yesterday afternoon, I was cooking at the stove--as usual--and A. was in the kitchen with me, discussing how and when we could get our van to the Chevy dealership to have what seems to be a worrisome transmission issue looked at.

The nearest Chevy dealership is over a hundred miles away*, and this is likely going to be a very costly fix if it can be fixed at all. This was a Very Not Fun Adult Conversation.

Meanwhile, Poppy was humming an unrecognizable song and running at full speed from the stove to the dining room, stopping to give me quick updates whenever she reached me. So A. would be talking about buying new tires for the van and then . . ."Mommy, I singin'!"

A.: "But if they tell me the transmission only has another ten thousand miles, then we'll just get a set of used tires and run it until it dies."

Poppy: "It's a song about snowflakes!"

A.: "I'm not giving up on the van yet, but it's going to be an expensive fix if they can do it."

Poppy: "The snowflakes comin' down!"

A.: "And then there's so many computer sensor issues, it's hard to decide which of them to fix."

Poppy: "Mommy, I smilin'!"

A.: "I hate going to dealerships/cost of driving these days/can't keep a car on the road, etc."

Poppy: "Mommy, I happy!"

I know, my sweet. And thank God for that.

* The whoooole happy family is going this morning. Happy Spring Break, kids! Let's drive 250 miles in one day to do something not at all fun! (Pray for us.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of your spring break is more enjoyable than dealing with ailing van issues. :)
Linda

Gemma's person said...

The Disneyland of cars!

sheila said...

Don't get the Corona or spring break might be extended.

Where I'm at schools are all closed for the next 3 weeks and then they will reevaluate and decide if they will open or remain closed.

Good luck with the van repairs.