Sunday, October 10, 2021

Snapshots: Dim Walks and Bright Fishing

The official sunrise these days is just after 7 a.m. That means that when I go out the door at just after 6:30 a.m. for my walk with the dogs, this is what it looks like.

 


Just light enough to see.


Dramatically silhouetted sunflower plants (minus the flowers, since they're just seed heads now).


And more dramatic silhouettes in the pasture.


A bit lighter when I turn around to go home, but the sun still isn't actually up yet.

The only reason I've been able to take walks at all is because we've been doing school on Zoom for the past week and a half. This is not ideal, but I do appreciate the children being able to sleep in a bit more so I can sneak out before they get up.

In more exciting news, A. took Cubby and Calvin scouting in preparation for Cubby's elk hunt this coming weekend.


It is, quite obviously, in the mountains.

They found a campground that had a small fishing pond. 


Luckily, A. had brought the fishing poles.

The only fish they caught was one sucker, which isn't very good for eating. Too mushy. They had fun, though.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I love your morning pictures, the light is so beautiful

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Claire: It is. Northern New Mexico is actually known for its light. It has drawn artists here for a long time. Now that I've lived here, I can see why. It really is unique.

Tu mere said...

Wow. Beautiful photos! How special to be able to have that time alone in the morning. I know you have to pay for it later in the day with zooming, but great way to get ready for the added stress.