Sunday, December 19, 2021

Snapshots: Let's Go To the Tree Lot!

Of course, this being a very remote corner of New Mexico, our "tree lot" looks like this:


No sleigh rides and $5 hot cocoa here.


Just a dirt tank with, surprisingly, a little water still in it from the last rain we had, uh, two months ago.


Jasper came too, of course. 


There's the tree!


Then back to Adventure Van we go. (I will never stop being amazed at the absolutely saturated blue of the New Mexico sky.)


Decorating . . .


Putting on the star . . .


All done!


A small tree, but cheery.

There you have it! Our annual Christmas tree adventure, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Makes me nostalgic for when our kids were young.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!
Linda

mom said...

Beautiful pictures, but am I correct with the 4:30 am post time? If so, very impressed. Guess sleep is highly overrated in your world just about now. Next time I’m up at 4:30, which happens more than I like, I‘ll look to see if I can be the first to read your blog!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Mom: I am sometimes up at that time (I was this morning), but most often I write the posts ahead of time and schedule them to post at 4:30 a.m.