Sunday, September 11, 2022

Snapshots: Books 'n' Stuff

Our Saturday Book Talk kind of dropped off the cliff there when I had gone through all the categories of books I could think of. You want to see the library that inspired all of that, though?

This is the (very small) library for the middle school and high school students that I created out of nothing.


It's on the stage in the old gym, which is why the walls are black.


The other side of the stage has a kind of lounge set-up with a pool table and foosball, plus a table with art supplies and some chairs and things for hanging out.

And here's a rather impressive crane that Calvin created out of blocks and Magna-Tiles.


Inspired by a crazy German engineering documentary they watched on YouTube.

Poppy was very excited to start school last week, and carefully laid out her outfit for the first day, to make sure it looked okay.


This is not something my sons have ever done.

I still have a bouquet on my table, even though I haven't been featuring them every Monday like I did last year.



Sunflowers and sage, of course.

A. decided the time had come to replace the leaning and unsightly back steps to the fenced garden area.  He used stone, of course.


The in-progress view from the back door.

And finally, last night around 8 p.m. the dogs started barking to announce someone at our gate. It was Miss Amelia's daughter, who lives in a village about an hour away. She stopped by to bring me . . .


Apples! Suitable for saucing, yay! Good thing the new jar lids I ordered arrived on Friday.

I am quite clearly the person to know if you have excess fruit hanging around that you can't bear to throw away.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the library! I can't believe Poppy is old enough to go to school. Where in the world does the time go?!?!?!

sheila said...

People see a family with growing kids and they think, ah they could use this excess food. It's nice that they think of you.

mbmom11 said...

That library/game room is wonderful - they have everything they need for fun and reflection.
Enjoy making your applesauce! My kids are now getting old enough that I no longer get the extra food and hand me down clothes that I used to - end of an era for me!

Gemma's person said...

Until you mentioned the walls being black I didn't notice it.
All of the areas are great ideas. I bet that rug gets a lot of laying on done to it. :)

JP2GiannaT said...

The library is lovely! You did a great job. :)

Anonymous said...

You created a really nice library space out of nothing. I would love to curl up in that chair and tuck into a good book. Great Job!

Daisy said...

Applesauce! I made pear sauce (see my other comment) and applesauce recently. Regular applesauce, pear sauce, applesauce with red hots (cinnamon candies), and both pear/apple sauces with grape mush. I saved the grape mush after making grape jelly last winter, and it worked very well. Delicious, and a little variety in my canned goods!