Thursday, November 24, 2022

O, Happy Day

Yesterday we had a beautiful day. Sunny, warm, and perfect for drying clothes on the line and digging the volunteer potatoes from the colcannon bed.


Not bad, given we had harvested some twice previously.

My helpers and I got the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie made yesterday, too.


Cranberry sauce in progress. (Jack helped mash these later, but I didn't get a picture of him.)


Pie crust.


Pie filling. (He's drizzling the molasses into the squash from high up. More fun that way.)

This morning I woke up to howling winds, freezing temperatures, and the probability of snow. The woodstove will be the place to be today. Until, that is, it's time to load plates and sit down for the feast.

I was irresistibly moved to change the words to the slightly comical mealtime prayer:

Good food, 
Good heat, 
Good kids, 
Let's eat.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope you have a delicious day full of good things.

2 comments:

mbmom11 said...

We baked pies and raked leaves yesterday in glorious weather. Now I'm wresting with a turkey breasy which takes longer to cook than I thought, and my daughter just subdued a butternut squash for a vegetarian dish.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Linda