Sunday, October 22, 2023

Snapshots: Thanks, Sis!

My sister is much better about taking photographs than I am. She takes more on her yearly weekend visit than I take in a month. And here they are! Well, some of them.


Sunning on the creepy turtle thing at the playground.


Jasper close-up. 


And there's Odin, gamely panting along on a bike ride.

Last Saturday, there was an annular eclipse that was almost complete right here. The most complete eclipse happened to be right before we needed to be at school so Poppy could cheer at another volleyball game. We didn't get any eclipse glasses, but we do happen to live somewhere where welding helmets are common. 

We actually have two welding helmets of our own, so I left those here with A. and the two boys who didn't come to the volleyball game so they could see the eclipse through them. The other two children, my sister, and I went to the school, where I borrowed some welding helmets from the school shop (perk of working there and having a key to every door).


I particularly appreciate Poppy with her little cheerleader uniform and a Darth Vader head.

Here's a photo I actually took my ownself. But featuring the remaining good flowers from the large bunch my sister brought me, along with the cute little jack-o'-lantern candles she brought for the kids.


A little touch of Halloween whimsy to brighten our school morning breakfasts.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted (courtesy of my sister.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the morning candle ceremony. You know how to create beautiful memories.

Mary W said...

That photo of Jasper is suitable for framing. A noble pose. I'm glad you could enjoy the eclipse!