Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Little Hands

One of the best chores for a small child to help with is pulling the basil leaves off the stems.


Small leaves for small fingers.

Other things she has done with/for me recently: 

--Skinning and pitting thawed peaches

--Bashing cabbage for sauerkraut

--Hanging the socks and underwear on the clothesline

--Sweeping the covered porch

--Dusting the couch feet/lamp bases/anything low down

--Organizing my bathroom drawer (I did not ask her to do that one)

--Chopping potatoes

--Making a fly swatter out of a stick and a piece of cardboard . . . that actually works

--Decorating for the Fourth of July

I'm not saying my sons weren't helpful as young children, but this girl is a whole other level. It might not last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, look who she has as an excellent role model!

Tu mere said...

What’s so awesome is that she enjoys helping you. That’s what not having a laptop and on demand television will do for time to be engaged in something other than games and shows. Also, she’s a terrific kid.